- Preparation of (a)chiral organic compounds. Characterization via spectroscopic techniques.
- Preparation of synthetic receptors for relevant biomolecules. Applicability as chemical sensors.
- Synthesis of lyotropic chiral liquid crystals with potential usage in NMR.
- General molecular modeling.
- Study of reaction mechanisms for the optimization of chemical processes (lowering reaction barriers, achieving/enhancing regio or stereoselectivity, etc.).
- Catalyst design and optimization.
- Molecular dynamics/multiscale methods for the study of chemical/ biological systems or materials.
- Prediction/optimization of spectroscopic properties.
Coordinator: Mª Magdalena Cid Fernández
Address: Faculty of Chemistry (campus of Vigo, Lagoas-Marcosende) and Faculty of Sciences (Ourense).
Phone: 986 813 563